Land Yacht

Land Yacht
Ernie and Bert

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Santa Fe, New Mexico Part 2

On Saturday, July 11th. we stayed in Santa Fe.  We went to the Farmers Market in the morning.  The Farmers Market is located in the old train depot.  There are still a few trains that from Santa Fe to Albuquerque. They have different items for sale at their Farmers Market than we are used to seeing.  I bought some dried Anasazi Beans to make red beans and rice and some dried Blue Corn to make Posole. We also bought some Kimchi.  The lady was making Kimchi pancakes and told me how to do it.  (Note: Mine did not turn out so great).  There were several people selling fresh sprouts.  I bought sprouts to make sprout sandwiches which were very good. (I grow my own sprouts at home but it is hard to do on the road.)  We also got fresh kale.  We finished our shopping by going to Whole Foods.  We had lunch in the RV and then spent the afternoon exploring downtown and the central market including two street art fairs.  There are so many fun shops and talented artists. We also saw the inside of the St Francis Catholic Church and saw its beautiful stained glass windows. They did not allow pictures inside the church.


Farmers Market


Train that still runs from the station
Dolphin Sculptures near the parking deck



Saint Francis Catholic Church


Big Motel in town









Sunday we went for a bike ride.  We were going to take a long ride on the Santa Fe Trail.  Well, it was dirt and very hilly.  I did not get very far but told Wayne to go further.  We then rode on a paved bike trail which is more my style.  I ended up riding about 5 ½ miles and Wayne did 8 miles.  I think the elevation also played a factor.  

Trestle along Santa Fe Trail Bike Route

Above and below are views from the bike trail



My bike as I wait for Wayne, it was nice to find a shady spot, there are not too many trees in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment